Saturday, October 01, 2005

An Awesome act of Synchronicity for me...

M. Scott Peck


How strange that we should ordinarily feel compelled to hide our wounds when we are all wounded! Community requires the ability to expose our wounds and weaknesses to our fellow creatures. It also requires the ability to be affected by the wounds of others...But even more important is the love that arises among us when we share, both ways, our woundedness.

Source: M. Scott Peck, "A Different Drum." Peck died on Sunday, September 25, 2005. He was 69.

My late father's birthday is also 25 September and when I first doodled as a conscious doodler one of the things I wrote was that "My father makes me feel like a Peck above the rest". Amongst other things I remember writing (in +- 1998) were statements such as "I am no longer afraid of the Holy Ghost" and "I am a psycheologist" I have yet to mention anything about this so-called madness that saw me inside a mental institution for a few weeks on at least 3 seperate occasions. Mention is made of wounds and weaknesses... and the ability to expose them. Oh, my late father's hand, behind my back (My Allan in Heaven) is in photo entitled "God must have singled me out"

No comments: